Confessions of a G-List Actress: Down the Oregon Trail

 So, I turned an age.  An age most seem to be terrified of...the age being 40.  

Thankfully I still have the face of a 20 year old so I am okay.  Now, if only the res of me would step unto the challenge.

It's been an odd week.  I drove with my husband to Greenville, SC so he could shoot a commercial gig he got himself.  With nothing else to do it seemed like a decent option. 

Monday I had a few meetings.  Tuesday I sat in the rain on a porch and wrote.  I taught a few acting classes.  I find it relaxing and can actually sit writing for far longer than my computer will allow.  And teaching acting is fun.  Wednesday, I groundhog day-ed and did the same.  (Side note:I found out Yale Drama can be attended for free.  Good to think on.)  I got to see a film no one else has seen thanks to our friends who were letting us relax with them.  Thursday we drove back.

Yesterday I woke up at 11:20am and looked around wondering what on earth had hit me.  I felt like I was hit by a truck.  I have been trying for months to get up at a reasonable hour, and by that I mean before 9:30am when I don't have to.  I think after years of acting it is just not in me to be up before rehearsal starts.  It was nice getting a coffee with my husband.  We chatted about life a bit.  I went and took my hour long walk.  Rehearsal.  One more class for the week.  The Bear on Hulu.  

Then I laid down in bed hoping for a little sleep.  It was midnight and my brain was wide awake.  I laid there for a bit and at around 1:00am I got this crazed need to play Oregon Trail.   

I found the emulator and was in the middle of the desert in Idaho when someone stole all my oxen.  I was trying to barter, trade, or hunt to survive.  Not one person offered me an ox in like 30 days!  

Hubby came in about that time to get some sleep.  He turned off the light but my fury lit up the darkness.  I got up to go to the living room to play a game I played in elementary school on the computer and I wanted to win badly enough I restarted.  I refused to die in Idaho if I had to start over a million times.  I only started over once.

I guess that is me.  I can be starving in the wilderness and feel no shame in restarting to get to my destination, even if it causes me time and sleep.  

Goodnight everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts