Confessions of a G-List Actress: You Sit on a Throne of Lies

He is now as valiant as Hercules. that only tells a lie and swears it. I cannot be a man with. wishing, therefore I will die a woman with grieving. 
-BEATRICE

The older I get, the less I can handle a simple lie.  A slight falsehood from another person is enough to make a stone sit heavily in my stomach for the day.  The bigger the lie the more violent I become inside and it eats at me for longer periods of time.  And these are the lies other people tell.

I can't say I am always 100% honest, because that would be a lie, but I am the second most honest person I know, next to my mother.  Why?  I don't care what other people think of me.  Why do lies other people tell get me so upset and set my teeth on edge?  I care what other people think of the people I know and work with.

You can imagine how this can be in a business like acting where, lets be honest, almost everyone fudges something.  I'm a voice over legend.   I can totally play volleyball.  I love horses.

I have always been the one to be honest.  I do my best to afford some diplomacy but it's hard sometimes.  I know I shouldn't care, but I do.   I found myself crying today due to the lies being told, and in some cases information avoided, to my friends.  It hurts me.  I need to work on that.

Comments