Confessions of a G-List Actress: ABSOTIVELY POSOLUTE!

Last night a few folks told me a needed to write more.  Now that I am in my office eating dinner  I figured I might do that.

So on my way to the regular nine to five, or in my cast the two to twelve, I found myself thinking just how busy this year has been, and I smiled a big smile.

It got off to a rough start but this year has actually been pretty awesome as far as acting goes.  Until I can act and never have another job. life won't be perfect, but it's been pretty amazing.

Last year was awesome with Zombie Fried Chicken...


A Street Car Named Desire...

Is This It?...

Bryan...


Dancing in the Endzone...

Boeing Boeing...

My Face...

Vandroid...

And a trip to LA with a great travel buddy.

And that's really just what I can come up with off the top of my head.  I am sure there are things I am forgetting.  Sorry if I did.

While there has been plenty of film this year, lets talk about this coming weekend and what is going on.

Tomorrow, gotta drive to Charlotte.  Normally I would arrange a meeting with a friend, but not this time.  Got to get there and get back to work.   I was hoping to make a pumpkin roll or two, not likely.  Just too busy to do it.  

Things I am not too busy to do this time of year?  I have taken on making three of my Christmas gifts to family this year, instead of buying them.  I am teaching my mother to sew corsets.  Making bottle tab chain mail.  Decoupaging my bedside table.  Planning on painting my room in chalkboard.  Doing a cross stitch.  Sewing a pillow.  Knitting a scarf.  Prepping for a wedding next year.  Editing three scripts for filming.  Prepping to produce and act in a play next year.  Prepping for three major auditions for theater companies out of state.  
Thank goodness I don't have any more CPR classes this year as of now or I might not get any sleep.
I am currently 8.5 hours shy of a full 40.  And before I leave the late shift tomorrow, I will reach it.  It's fine.  The acting kids are always too busy to just talk, but the design and production students love to hear my crazy stories.  And I will tell them to any ear who wants to hear.

Once I am done with that I get to drive 2 hours to Raleigh to pass out.  For you math folks that's around five hours of my day gone just driving.  Friday I literally only have 10.5 hours to get everything done.  Why?  Because Saturday morning, I get to go be Betty, the angry goth chick.  Or as I like to think of her, the sensible one.  I will be waking up around 7:30 or 8 am to drive 45 minutes to get on set for...drum roll please!!!

Fix It In Post.  A feature length film about a bunch of filmmakers stuck in the middle of nowhere after a massive EMP wipes out all power.  No zombies, but there are rednecks and cannibals and redneck cannibals.

Oddly enough, side note, this is the year of the angry Lilly.  A lot of the parts I get are very rage driven.  Why?  I dunno, generally I try to stay happy and get less angry than disappointed.  Where do people get rage wrong?  They assume its just anger.  Anger has so many layers.  In Betty's case she's also in love.  But enough of acting 101.
Betty attacks Lexy...AKA Captain Cold Lick
Most people know me as the actress willing to go the extra crazy mile.  As long as it's safe.  Quick, jump out this fake glass window.  OK.  Hey can you take a hit with a breakaway bottle?  Awesome!  Whose ready to get slapped and thrown into a pool.  ME!

Please read this line in either a soap opera narrator voice or as William Shatner:
Last time on Fix It In Post we found Lexy had accidentally betrayed her fellow team members for fame and the love of Scott.

The way the scene was written we get upset, but everyone kinda stands around.  What did Betty want to do?  Kill Lexy.  Bring on the physical violence.  Lexy was uncomfortable with actually being tackled or even pretending that she was getting tackled.  I get it.  I was really bummed, but I get it.  The possibility of getting hurt sometimes really scares folks.   Step number one of stage combat is to protect your head shot.  Imagine a girl twice your height making a full run at you and clothes lining you.  Safe or not, you gotta know what you're doing or at least be willing to not seize up when it happens, that's where you get hurt.

I worked at a wild west theme park in 2005 and one of the girls I was practicing stunts with broke her clavicle, collar bone, because she panicked half way through a stunt.  Once both of your feet have left the ground, it is not a good time to second guess yourself.  A simple stunt, but that moment of panic resulted in three months of physical therapy and pins in her shoulder.

Since I am the daredevil, we went on to plan B.  We grabbed a step stool and Betty took a flying leap and was, thankfully, caught where she fought and scratched to get at Lexy, making things up as she went along. A lot of expletives and flailing.  Thank goodness the boys who caught me could take a beating.  

It reminded me of the first day on set when, oh what a surprise, Betty gets mad.  I couldn't resist goofing off and in one take didn't swear once, which is what Betty is known for.  Such colorful language.  In one take I stood straight up and started screaming these exact words.  "Expletive, expletive, colon, hash tag, exclamation point, asterisk!!!!I SWEAR TO BOB!  HULK SMASH!"  The extras on set were rolling.  Some days, when you are playing that much anger and hate, you just need to make folks laugh, since you are playing someone so unlikable.

So this Saturday is a day of feasting and rage.  Basically we shoot our lunch and then we do a scene where I get violent.  Yay!  Violence!  Fun will ensue!

I am looking forward to Dr Who this Saturday night.  I will have it recorded at the boyfriend's house so I can Who-It-Up!

Following, what will hopefully be a good night's rest, I will drive my little self to somewhere near Charlotte, NC.  And this is where I get to be in love and angry, thankfully, just not at the same time this time around.

Partners.  Cop drama.  Anytime I get to cry is a great day.  Can't wait to fight with Darren Conrad.  It's going to be epic.  Don't want to give too much away but it is going to be awesome!  I will be done and have enough time to drive back home and hopefully not pass out completely.  Yes I have to work Monday and Tuesday, likely Wednesday Saturday and Sunday as well.

I will be sad when all this filming I have coming up is over and I have to start from scratch again, but until then.  A-C-T-O-R-I-N-G spells happy!

Comments